Featured Post

Now Shipping! Brunswick Stew: A Virginia Tradition & Virginia Barbecue: A History

Brunswick Stew: A Virginia Tradition and Virginia Barbecue: A History  available in stores and at online booksellers now! Virginia B...

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

BBQ, Bands & Brews KCBS Barbecue Competition


Saturday, June 23, 2012, I had the privilege of being a table captain at the first annual BBQ, Bands, & Brews KCBS sanctioned barbecue competition in Palmyra, Virginia.




It was a beautiful day for a barbecue competition; sunshine and relatively comfortable temperatures, especially in the shade.









Thirty teams competed cooking chicken, ribs, pork butt, and beef brisket.










As a table captain, I was busy managing my table of judges so I didn't get to score the entries, but I did get to sample some of them.











To whoever the team was that turned in that box full of barbecued chicken wings, I thank you! Those were some of the best chicken wings I have ever eaten!













This was the first year for this competition. It was run very well and everyone involved had a great time.









3Eyz Barbecue (Dan Hixon, Pitmaster) won Grand Champion. Deguello BBQ won Reserve Champion! Congrats to all who walked!

No comments:

Post a Comment