Featured Post

Now Shipping! Brunswick Stew: A Virginia Tradition & Virginia Barbecue: A History

Brunswick Stew: A Virginia Tradition and Virginia Barbecue: A History  available in stores and at online booksellers now! Virginia B...

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Barbecue Competition Practice - Chicken!



This is a photo of a recent chicken practice cook. In a real KCBS competition, cooks are required to turn in 6 pieces of chicken. Because this was just a practice cook, I only cooked four of them. Cooking fewer let's me try a couple of different techniques and recipes without having to buy six pieces of chicken for each version. Also, I like chicken but I can only eat so much of it.


KCBS judges like to be able to easily bite through the chicken skin. I think I nailed that attribute this time around pretty well.

2 comments: